We've been in and out of Milan for the last week, almost week. Christina has had her bottom grabbed by some dirty old man on the Metro (subway) and she's been leered at left and right. :-) I've teased her a bit...
We went into the Duomo and were just astounded at its sheer beauty. Every time we get off the Metro in front of it, it just takes our breath away to stare at it.
Wednesday and Thursday we had some massive storms...thunder and lightning like I've never experienced and I believe there is more on the way this week.
Friday we went to Nico's guitar recital and had a lovely time...children and music is such an enchanting combination.
Yesterday, I finally found my Nero Giardini boots. You've never seen excitement such as this...LOL...just kidding...maybe...I also got to attend a BBQ with Whit and Lula. It was a combined birthday party for two of the boys in their group of friends and BBQ for the adults. A number of boys camped out with three of the dads, including Whit; I've yet to hear how it went though as I just returned. :-) It was a lovely evening.
Today, we spent a nice relaxing morning in Lugano, Switzerland. We walked down from the train station to the center of town and were just amazed at the beautiful streets, cobblestone and so clean. Because it was Sunday, all the shops were pretty much closed, but we enjoyed looking in them. We also arrived in town before it was fully awake, so that was a nice little change; exploring without the crowds. We made it down to Lac du Lugano and chilled by the water before going to explore a tour on the lake, which we did take and thoroughly enjoyed. We thought about exploring Como some more, but by the time our train got back to Como we were pretty tired. Those amazing streets we walked down had to be walked back up...LOL...they put some of those steep streets in San Fran to shame. My legs and behind got a work out like no treadmill could ever offer.
Now,we are back Whit's and Lula's...Chris is lounging by the pool and I'm resting my trashed ankle. :-) Christina did most of her packing last night as her journey comes to end Tuesday morning. I've a few more days. I believe I'll take myself off to Florence on Tuesday and do a little exploring. Whit and Lula assure me it's perfectly safe as long as I don't keep myself out until 1am...LOL...which definitely isn't going to happen.
Sorry I haven't stayed on top of the blog...once here, it just seemed, I don't know...:-) See you all soon!
2 comments:
Yes, shame on you! LOL Glad you are having too much fun to blog! ^_^ See you in a few!
sounds like a delightful time. cant wait to read more.
Post a Comment